Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Kids and weddings

Howdy! 

So as part of my Youth Work, I go into the local Primary School to hang out with the kiddies, and just chat to them. If you're around children a lot, then you'll know their minds are incredible. They have so many things going on in there. I could literally write a book with the brilliant lines they come out with...

So I was standing today with five year old Sarah*, and she was wearing very pretty, sparkly rings. I complemented her on them, and she returned with a grin, and said with glee, 
"I'm wearing one on my wedding finger." 
To which I replied with, "Oh, so are you married then?!" 
She says, "No, silly" (insert lots of giggles)

She then looks at my hand, and exclaims, "You're wearing one on your wedding finger too!"
I replied, "No, it's the one next to that finger, I'm not married!"

She suddenly looks at me with a frown, "Why are you not married?!"
"I don't know"
"No one wants to marry you, ey?!"
"Ermmmmm... I guess not... no"

She then skips off as happy as Larry. Oblivious.


Then, a few minutes later, I was picking leaves out of a girl named Alice's* hair (all in a days work) and a 6 year old boy, Justin*, bounded up to her with lips puckered, she playfully screamed and said, "Go away!"
To which he exclaimed, "BUT I WANT TO MARRY YOU!"
Then he proceeded to chase her round the playground.

Hope these stories made you smile, like they did for me!
What's the best conversation you've had with a child?
*For legal reasons, all names have been changed.

1 comment:

  1. awwh these stories are so adorable! Talking with little children is always so lovely and cute, it always makes me smile!

    I was wondering if you'd like to follow each other via BLOGLOVIN and GFC? If so, tell me when you followed me and I'll immediately follow back!
    I'd really love to stay in touch!

    With lots of love,
    Lory xxx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete