Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Hole in my nose.


Dear diary,

So. As of this day last week, when I wrote this blogpost (Wednesday 9th July), I can cross out number ten on my bucket list. I got my nose pierced! Yaaayuh! I went with my bestie and we got one each.

We went into town this morning, and we both handed over £20, so a lady could put a plastic stick in our noses, and then replace that plastic stick with a very pretty silver sparkly stud. It was a strange experience; one that I am very happy with, but it hurt so much I don't think I'd get it done again.


Getting my nose pierced: the experience, in numbers.

5 = The dots the lady drew on the side of my nose, because my nervous indecisive self couldn't decide where I wanted the stud, and so it was,
"a little to the left... a little more to the left... a little more... to the right..."

10 = The amount in which it mother trucking hurt when she stabbed me in the nose, 1 being no pain, and 10 being the most pain. Lord help me in childbirth!

1/4 = The amount of salt on a teaspoon to put in an eggcup mixed with water, to sanitise the piercing and wipe away blood that was stuck to my nose.

2 = I was the second to have it done. Kel, the bestie had it done first and assured me it didn't hurt. She's still sticking by that when I said it was superduper painful, but I think she's just mad. Or maybe I'm a wimp. Who knows.

15 out of 15 = How lovely the lady who pierced me was. She was patient, and could tell I was nervous, so was kind and talked me through everything.

55 out of 55 = How funny it was that they leave the stick hanging out of your nose while they get ready to replace it with the stud. I wanted to leave like it.


In other news, I had the bestest lunch ever. A mozzarella and sundried tomato basil salad, which came with butter and crusty bread. I'm a sucker for anything with basil and sundried tomatoes, and any type of cheese, as it goes. Beauuuuuutiful.




LOOK AT ITTTTT. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

8 comments:

  1. You look great!
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your "Bestie" nose studs look soO fab! Both of you totally look like you were born with them! I think they really compliment your cute faces, glasses and hair.

    If you girls are into fashion, consider a “professional look” with your sunglasses, i.e., silk blouse, black pencil skirt and pointy toe pumps. Promise you’ll turn heads and look super sexy.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! We were worried beforehand that they wouldn't suit us, but we're both equally happy with them now :)

      Thank you for the fashion advice :) x

      Delete
  3. Love the new piercings! I've heard that it can hurt a lot, and depends on the amount of cartiledge in your nose so probably a bit of difference between the two. Salad looks yum too :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, so that could be why mine hurt so much, and hers didn't :) Thank you! x

      Delete
  4. I've been debating a nose piercing for easily 4 years of my life! I've heard it's one of the most painful piercings you can get! Suits you so much though :)

    www.astyleshake.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was literally only the piercing bit that hurt, after she'd done it, it was fine and it didn't hurt at all! xx

      Delete