Thursday, 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

 
Dear diary,

Happy new yeaaaaaar! Wooooo!

Now, I know I haven't told you about my Christmas/new year yet, but that will come in time, my dear friend, patience please.  

First things first, I would like to chat to you about my new years resolutions.  I have three. 

Cut out the sugar.
When I eat anything with refined sugar in it, I just feel so crap after. I have no idea why, but I decided that as it wasn't needed for my daily diet because I can get natural sugars from fruit and juice, I decided that if I made a rule to cut it out full stop, it would stop me from going,  "oh alright one biscuit won't hurt" and then regretting it badly 45 minutes later!

Finish reading the whole bible.
I started a reading plan in September to read the bible historically by each book on my youversion app. At the moment I'm in Exodus, and I should finish by November this year. I've never read the whole thing through, so I'm super excited to learn more about God through it.

Be who I am.
Something I've always struggled with is comparing myself to people, but this year in particular I've specifically struggled with thinking I should be a certain way. I've felt like I should read more books, or know more film references that aren't chickflicks. I've felt like I should know more long words, or be more creative. I've felt like I should stay up late because everybody else has, or eat crap because that's what they're doing.

I'm not a bookworm, that's ok. I like reading sometimes but I'd much prefer to watch a film, and a chickflick at that. Why should I put myself through a film that I find boring just because I feel like I should venture out into other genres?! I probably should know more long words, but it's ok to not know the meaning of some words. It's ok to feel like I need 8 hours of sleep a night minimum to function properly the next day. Yes, I should want to better myself, but not if it's at the expense of changing the foundation of the person I was supposed to be. I was created to be me, and I am who I am. This year I am going to try to be more satisfied in that.

Lav xx


No comments:

Post a Comment