Friday, 10 April 2015

What Losing My Phone Taught Me.


Dear diary, 

Two weeks ago I got on a train. I then got off the train. You'd think it was a normal day. Not today. I was lighter. What was wrong? Why did I feel so empty? I must tell twitter about this, where's my pho. Oh. Wait. That's what's wrong. My phone is on the way to London, in the seat I'd just left. Crap. I left it on the train. What on earth was I supposed to do?! That phone is my life!!!

Luckily, it was handed in by a lovely person. May the head of that person be blessed abundantly with gorgeous flowing locks and all that good stuff. Fun fact however; the city where said person had handed in my pink sparkly phone just happened to also be the city my roommate is from. She was going home that weekend, so it was perfect. She could pick up the phone, and send it to me in a package.

Today I recieved said package. Inside was my sparkly phone. I was so excited to get it, but it's been kind of refreshing having a week without it and I learned some things..
 
This is what they are:
  • So many times I was with people and they were all on their phones. I would just sit/stand in silence. If I was there would I be just as unsociable?!
  • I got more sleep. Because I was no longer relying on my phone waking me up but on myself, I had to be in bed/asleep on time in order for me to get up in time in the morning. I was so thankful for that!  
  • I hated not having a 'camera' on me at all times. Usually I like to snap pretty things. I like to snap when I'm out with Mum, or going to Dad's house for the day. 
  • I wasted a lot less time. Before I would be aimlessly scrolling down instagram and pinterest. I got more stuff done without that.
That is it. I would try and have some days without my phone, but let's face it. That's not going to happen! Maybe I'll have afternoons where I'll leave it in a drawer. That would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment