Tuesday, 30 June 2015

June's Jottings of Love!

Helllloooooo! I haven't been writing much, sorry for that. I WILL get back into it. Promiseeee! 

Let's start with this month's loves! I actually cannie believe that tomorrow is July! ALREADY! It's so cray!  

June has been a month full of food.  And I love food.  The reason this month has been so devoted to food is because at uni I was catered for, so they decided what I was having each meal time and at what time.  I always hated that, so when I came home at the beginning of this month, I had my 'food freedom' back and whoah mumma I'm using it to the best of my advantage. Stand back everyone.

You'll notice that most of them are fruit. That's cos it's SUMMMERRRRR!!!☼ (And also cos I'm a badass).


This was breakfast one morning. Strawberries, blueberries, a nectarine and a bananananana.


Pancakes one morning with my Jono.  Never let it be said that I don't like pancakes. Cos I bloomin' well do. And the more toppings the better.  This particular morning there was nutella, peanut butter, strawberry shortcake frozen yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and dessicated coconut.


This was a cake Jono and I made.  It was a beautiful disaster.  "It's because it looks like someone has thrown up on it!!" I hear you say. Well no. That wasn't even the bad part. 

When Jon and I get together to 'bake' something, it always ends up as a disaster. A hilarious disaster. I've burnt my finger, there has been burning food, then there was that one time when we served something to my family, and said: "there'll be floating bits in it. Don't worry about that, we just couldn't find a sieve. Just fish them out." God bless my fam, cos they still ate it.

Well anyway, in this fiasco, we decided that less definitely wasn't more. More is more. And so we stuck ALL OF THE CHOCOLATE on top of the cake, and then stuck it back into the oven to melt it all over the top. That, although made it look like vomit, actually was the best part. The worst part was the fact that we got a weird kind of half sweetner, half sugar. That made the whole cake taste weeeeeeeird. I ended up eating the topping and then giving the rest to my younger brother, who will eat anything, anytime, anywhere. 

Happiness all round.

That is it for me faves this week, I thought. There's a lot of writing, so soz about that. Hope your June was filled with good food, and fun cake disasters. Cos it'd be boring and not a fun story at all if they always came out brilliant. I'd feel sorry for you then.

Until next time suckerssss,

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment