Monday, 24 August 2015

21st Celebrations!


I went to London, with Mum, to watch Phantom for my 21st. It was one of my favourite days ever.

Highlights include:
  • Lunch in Covent Garden, people watching.
  • Fricking Phantom of the Opera. It was incredible.
  • When the chandelier goes up at the beginning and the whole theatre lights up, and the orchestra are like so good with their instrument playing. It defo made me tear up. I so miss being part of concerts with orchestras.
  • Trying to guess with Mum who was multi-rolling within the cast, and getting it all completely wrong. 
  • Drinking our drinks and munching on our crisps we bought from Pret before in the interval, whilst everyone was sipping on wine they had bought from the theatre. Classy.
  • Laughing at an usher man, who had a typical London accent, until he wanted to tell someone not to take photos in the auditorium. Then, he would shout with a super posh accent. We have no idea why he thought that was a good idea; but it sure was funny.
  • Deciding not to use tubes so we could see more of London, and that decision did not disappoint - although my hips did not agree. They were hurtingggggg. They spent the next day reminding me just exactly why I usually get the tube.
  • Getting lost. Multiple times. Thanks Google maps!
  • Drinking sparkling cranberry juice, on a boat, on the Thames. Oooooh how elegant! 
  • Mum opening the train toilet door, on the way home, when a man was already using said toilet. Lets just say the woman sitting in front of the toilet door saw an image of the man that she probably doesn't want to see again.
  • Spending time with Mum. She never fails to make me laugh and I'm so thankful for her.
 xx

No comments:

Post a Comment