Sunday, 13 September 2015

Jono's fixed!

So I don't think I've mentioned this on here, because I only really like to remember the fun things in life that I can look back on.. But this one has a happy ending, so here we are.

Jon had a heart condition. He's had it since birth, but has only really known about it since around January this year. Because of this he hasn't been allowed to do anything active at all, and for a guy who loves to play football, it has been the worst! 

He was told, when he was diagnosed, that at the end of June/beginning of July he would have an operation that would fix his heart and he would be all better. But, they kept deferring it again and again and again, untilllllll they finally revealed to him the date at the end of August. And so, on September 3rd we woke up bright and early and travelled so that people wearing funny clothes could stick things up Jon's veins and electrocute his heart. It went on for 2 and a half hours, and from what he says was super painful, but definitely worth it! 

They say you really get to know someone when they are under pressure. I don't know who 'they' are.. But I can say this, I learnt so much more of the guy Jon is whilst he got more and more frustrated at the fact that at times there seemed to be no light at the end of the tunnel. He dealt with the whole thing with so much patience, humility, composure and endurance. He is such a good egg, and I'm so thankful of the fact that he's my good egg.

Now, for the future! I'm so excited to go on runs, and long walks and do weird couple yoga ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment