Sunday, 17 July 2016

Jottings of Love #1




I know I've been pretty laid back on this thing for the past year or so. It's really quite annoying because I SO want to be more active and write more, but now I've gotten out if the habit of coming over here to write my thoughts and feelings and so it makes it harder.

This is why I'm going to try (try, being the optimum word) to do a 'jottings of love' every week. I'm going to try to make a note of what I've loved this week. And I'm going to stick to it, damn it!!!

So this week. Here goes.

  • Going for my wedding menu tasting session with Jonno. Good food, good company. What more could you ask for?! Side note: the chocolate tarte was in.cred.i.ble. Seriously. 
  • Having a pink breakfast on Tuesday. I don't think you can EVER go wrong with a cuppa and a pink breakfast. Never.
  • Going home to surprise Mum on her 53rd birthday because I knew she wouldn't have wanted to do much because of Nan going to be with Jesus last week. She was delighted when Jon and I showed up in her kitchen, and when we left she said we 'made her birthday'. Mission accomplished. Also, Jon is incredible for driving me all that way because he knew it would make me happy. What a guy. 
  • Seeing the hill on the drive up and being overwhelmed with how pretty it is. Like I see it all the time, but at that moment, I was thankful that I live in SUCH a pretty place. 
  • Going for our first house viewing with Jon and Rosie! It didn't work out, but I feel all grown up and excited looking at houses I might live in! 
  • Making vegan spring rolls. Rosie said that it was one of my "cooking triumphs" and I am very pleased with that. Recipe here.
  • Doing so much wedding planning yesterday morning! Got soooo much done, and I'm feeling a lot less overwhelmed! 
  • Going to watch a play about missionary Elisabeth Elliot. It was emotional, but beautifully written.

No comments:

Post a Comment