Monday, 17 October 2016

Struggling in the Seasons


I'm not going to lie, this season of life is a struggle.

I'm struggling to adapt to having a job that's monotonus, and not what I want to do. I'm struggling in the house I'm living in because it's freezing ALL the time and I have messy housemates. I'm struggling with the fact that Jonno works evenings and so I spend my evenings bored, on my own, watching crap on the TV.

I know it's just a season, but it's a difficult season that I'm really struggling in, and I know that the only way to combat it is to:
A, focus on where I want to be and what I want to be doing and try to get step by step closer to that and 
B, focus on the little things that make life happy, like today..

  • I went to asda and a little boy ran into me. His dad rolled his eyes at him and laugh-apologised to me. I laughed back and said I didn't mind. It was a nice interaction.
  • I went for a walk in the park amongst orange leaves and green grass. I love the outdoors.
  • I bought a candle and hot chocolate (and squirty cream, because can ya really have hot chocolate without it?!). And the hot chocolate hit a spot that needed to be hit.
  • I have a great fiance, who is just great, and he's so patient and he's always there with hugs when I need.

It's focusing on the little things, that's how I'm going to get through this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment