Thursday, 27 October 2016

When The Message at Church is Spot on!

These past two week have been particularly hard. I got some bad news last week, and with the wedding on top of that, I got a bit stressed to say the least. I was worrying about EVERYTHING. And the worry turned to panic, and the panic turned to breakdowns.

I went to church and the message was SO spot on. It was about prayer, and I realised, I had been crying, I had been talking, I had been worrying, but I hadn't been praying. I hadn't been putting God first, and giving my worries with him. 

He wasn't ignoring me, I was ignoring him.

So.. at the end of the preach, the preacher gave three rules for the next week.
  1. start the day deciding to trust God. Get ahead of worry by declaring trust. He is who he is and he will do what he says he will do.
  2. choose to live in the peace of today, and not the worry of tomorrow.
  3. when worry arrives and knocks at your door (because it WILL turn up, unexpected), remember all that God has done and what he will do. 
So, this week, I'm not going to worry, and when I start, I'm going to stop and give it to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment