Saturday, 10 December 2016

We got married!!!!


So, it looks like number 13 on my bucket list can be ticked off!! Me and my Jonno tied the freaking knot! 

So, we've been married just over a month now, and I can already tell you that it's the best decision I've ever made. Ever. But enough of that, let me tell you about our day.

So the night before, Mum, her fiance, his kids (who are about my age), and my little bro (18), went to have a few drinks at beefeater, as, y'know, it was a special occasion. My mum went up to the bar, and asked, "right, what is your most 'out there' drink?!" to which the barmaid was like, "huh?" Mum replied with, "well, she's getting married in the morning, so we need a good one." The barmaid continued to make me a woowoo. There was also a very drunk man who asked me, "are you actually getting married?!" and when I said yes, and he asked me why, I replied, "because I've found a guy, who is great."

We left the bar at 12, and my brother and sis-in-law came round so my sis could do the finishing touches to my dress (which she actually made with her actual hands, like what the heck), and we were in the hotel room till about half 2 am, me standing in the dress, and her cutting bits off and sewing bits on. 

It took me ages to sleep that night, and when I woke up in the morning, I couldn't get back to sleep!

My bridesmaids cam round about 9ish, and we started to get ready! Mum and I got into the car that was to take us to the church on time, but the driver's satnav broke. Cue to us arriving at the church 25 minutes late... Oops!

Apart from that the day went really smoothly (except the reception venue giving us vegetarians completely different food Jon and I had picked - but they reimbursed us for that, so that's good!), and I enjoyed every single second of it. It honestly was the best day of my life and I was so overwhelmed by the generosity and love of our family and friends. It was amazing. 

Now I'm going to bombard you with way too many photos. Enjoy. 

xx












No comments:

Post a Comment